"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. "
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a flat tire."
"The more you complain, the longer God makes you live."
1. Two each of any four vegetables to be displayed in a tray 18” X 24” – supports and garnishes allowed.
2. Between Six & Ten Stems, minimum of 2 cultivars - to be viewed from front.
3. A collection of Salad vegetables to be displayed in a standard seed tray.
4. Six pods of Runner Beans
5. Six pods of French Beans
6. One white Cabbage – over 1½ lb, cut
7. One white Cauliflower
8. Two Leeks – blanched
9. Four white Potatoes
10. Four coloured Potatoes
11. Two White & two coloured Potatoes
12. Three Carrots – tops trimmed to 3 inches displayed on one plate
13. Three Beetroot (any type) – tops trimmed to 3 inches
14. Three Onions, from sets – dressed
15. Three Onions from seed – dressed
16. Six Shallots
17. One Cucumber
18. Two Courgettes
19. Two cobs of Sweetcorn
20. Two Chilli Peppers
21. Two Peppers – sweet
22. Two Squashes
23. Marrow – by weight
24. Pumpkin – by weight
25. Two of any root vegetable other than carrot or beetroot
26. Any other vegetable not in schedule
27. Plate of three dessert apples
28. Any other fruit not in Schedule
29. Four Standard – red
30. Four Standard – not red
31. Four Standard – plum shape
32. Eight Cherry
33. Two Beefsteak type and Two Standard on one plate
34. Three Standard & Three Cherry type displayed on one plate
35. One Vase of Mixed Flowers
36. One Vase of Flowers – not mixed – minimum 3 stems
37. One Pot Plant – Flowering
38. One Pot Plant – Foliage
39. One Vegetable and one flower
40. One bottle of Pickles
41. One Bottle of Chutney
42. One Jar of Jam
43. One Jar of Jelly
44. One Container any other Preserves
Both classes in this section must incorporate produce grown on the allotment.
45a. Cake or Sweet Tray Bake (please label)
45b.Cold Vegetarian Bake Savoury Item (please label)
This Section is open to children of all ages 1 – 101. If under 16 please advise age when registering your entry.
46. Flower in a wine glass (glass provided)
47. Painting/drawing (garden theme)
48. Photograph taken on the Allotments (maximum size 10”5” and maximum number of entries is 3 per person)
49. Animal made from Fruit/veg.
50. Face on a plate (face made from fruit/veg/flowers)
51. Strangest Vegetable or Fruit
52. Tallest Sunflower (judged on plots)
Please submit your entries to the Allotment Hut on the following dates and times. Except where stated in the schedule.
Saturday 2nd September from 100.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Sunday 3rd September from 7.30 a.m. to 10.45 a.m.
“We don't grow to show we show what we grow”
We produce a schedule for all classes and award prizes at the Annual Vegetable and Flower Show. This can be found in the Library.
Prizes are awarded for all classes as well as for the main cups which include:-
Awards are also presented for the following:-
"The universe is a figment of its own imagination."
"The shortest distance between two points is under construction."
"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."